MBL Mandatory Coaches Meeting
1. During registration, select coach or team manager.
2. Complete the application.
3. Attend NPYBA Coaches Clinic on February 27.
4. Coaches will receive a link and instructions to the Trusted Coaches' website, where coaches need to complete the following:
a. Background Check
b. Child Safety Training (SafeSport)
c. Positive Coaching Alliance Online Course
d. Ensure Concussion Certification is valid
5. All coaches are asked to attend NPYBA Coaches' Meeting and equipment handout on April 7.
6. 9U-15U Teams need to send one coach to an MBL League meeting on TBD. Times and location on the NPYBA calendar.
7. 9U-15U Teams need to send two coaches to an MBL league scheduling meeting on TBD, specific times are on the NPYBA calendar.
All coaches, assistants, and managers must complete a concussion certificate.
CDC Concussion Module: CDC Heads Up Concussion Modules and Certification
For coaches selected, concussion training certification must be completed. Concussion Certifications are valid for three years from the date of completely the training. You are required to have a valid Concussion Certificate for the entire season. The head coach is required to have valid Concussion Certificates for all coaches with him at all games.
It's the head coach (or someone the head coach selects) to have valid Concussion Certificate for each adult in the dugout for each game.The NPYBA does not retain this documentation.
Sports Leadership: The Academy for Sport Leadership: (Highly recommended reading)